The Bahamas Bridal Association, an organization comprised of the top wedding and special event professionals in the nation will be hosting its inaugural Bridal Boot Camp and Special Event Show on September 28-29, 2013 in the Independence Ballroom of the Sheraton Nassau Resort in Nassau, Bahamas under the auspices of the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism.
If you are planning to get married, the Bahamas Bridal Boot Camp on Saturday, September 28, 2013 offers brides-to-be, grooms-to-be and wedding planners an excellent opportunity to learn how to prepare for the wedding day. Beginning at 9am on Saturday, September 28, 2013, sessions and workshops include:-
1. Why is a Wedding Planner Essential? – presented by PJ Douglas Sands of A Design For Destiny Luxury Events & Celebrity Weddings
2. Managing your Wedding Budget – presented by Glenn Ferguson
3. Let’s Get Legal: Obtaining a Marriage License – presented by the Registrar General’s Department
4. Beauty and the Bridal Party: Tips for Makeup and Hair – presented by Hollis Sherman of Hollis Cosmetics & Spa
5. Human Relations: Effective Communication with In Laws, Family, Your Vendors & the Bridal Party – presented by Richard Adderley
6. Customizing Your Menu: Something Different and Handling Dietary Restrictions for Your Guests – presented by DeAnne Gibson, Bahamas Ministry of Tourism
7. The Spiritual Aspects of Marriage – presented by Carl Campbell
8. Wedding Decor & Florals 101 – presented by Jim Whitehead of The Nassau Florist & JW Events
If you are planning a corporate event, milestone celebration, social event or wedding then the Bridal & Special Event Show on Sunday, September 29, 2013 is for you. The best vendors in The Bahamas will exhibit the most innovative and convenient wedding and special event resources available. Not only will engaged couples get maximum exposure but those planning corporate and social events will have an opportunity to explore venue options, stationers, planners, florists, linen rental companies, photographers, videographers, entertainment options and culinary delights. Attendees will win prizes and surprises throughout the day, and the latest in formalwear, bridal wear and resort wear will be showcased on the runway.
2 day passes for the Bridal Boot Camp, Bridal and Special Event Show are $35 per person. 1 day tickets for the Bridal and Special Event Show alone are $20 per person.
Tickets can be purchased online at bahamasbba.eventbrite.com. Alternatively, tickets can be purchased in person at
• Luciano’s of Chicago Restaurant on East Bay Street, Nassau 242-323-7770
• The Nassau Florist / JW Events on Dowdeswell Street, Nassau 242-302-6120
• A Design For Destiny Luxury Events on East and Shirley Streets, Downtown Nassau 242-676-5253
• Bahamas Ministry of Tourism’s Wedding and Honeymoons Department, Nassau 242-356-0435.
For more information and press inquiries, please email BahamasBBA@gmail.com or call the Bahamas Bridal Association at 242-356-0435.
“Like” our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/BBA.bahamabridal
“Follow” us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/bahamasBBA or use the hashtag #bahamasBBA
“Pin” us on pInterest: www.pInterest.com/bahamasBBA
“Follow” us on Google+: www.bahamasBBAgplus
About the Bahamas Bridal Association (BBA)
The wedding planners and special event professionals that are members of the Bahamas Bridal Association are annually recognized and endorsed by the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism. We provide a directory of reputable planners and vendors as a resource for brides-to-be, grooms-to-be and those looking for assistance in planning their corporate events and milestone celebrations. Whether you are a destination bride who wants to get married in The Bahamas or a local individual searching for a certified planner or vendor, the BBA’s website at www.bahamas-bridal-association.com is your #1 resource.
The BBA meets monthly and provides regular seminars, workshops and networking mixers geared to educating businesses within the Wedding and Special Event Industry in the Bahamas. Its membership is comprised of wedding and event planners, venues, hotels, ministers, officiants, florists, pastry chefs, caterers, tranportation companies, salons, hairstylists, nail technicians, spas, photographers, videographers, stationers, wedding and event accessory suppliers. Building your event business and continuing education are priorities of the BBA.