Annually the Bahamas Bridal Association (BBA) holds an advanced education and professional development symposium for its wedding and event planners, vendor and corporate members as well as creative professionals serving the Bahamas wedding and event industry.
The Bahamas Bridal Association (BBA) is comprised of our country’s leading professional, internationally certified event planners, officiants and allied vendors who are all dedicated to excellence and perfection. Under the auspices of the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, the BBA is the only recognized professional association in the Bahamas in the Wedding and Special Event Industry. Each member is annually certified by the organization to ensure vendors and planners alike meet professional, industry standards.
BBA ELEVATE! 2014 is an innovative one day conference experience designed to inspire, motivate and enlighten every attendee from the Bahamas Wedding, Event, Tourism and Hospitality industries hosted by the Bahamas Bridal Association (BBA) under the auspices of the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism. BBA ELEVATE! features an array of informative panels, keynote speakers and breakout sessions moderated by top local and international industry pro’s, sharing stories, tips, knowledge and experiences that will resonate with everyone from Hospitality and Tourism students to seasoned Wedding and Event Professionals.
BBA ELEVATE! is an annual professional symposium created to educate all wedding and event planners, venues, hotels, ministers, officiants, florists, pastry chefs, caterers, transportation companies, salons, hairstylists, makeup artists, nail technicians, spas, photographers, decor rental companies, videographers, stationers, web designers, restaurants as well as wedding and event accessory suppliers. If work in any of these fields and want to inject profits, inspiration and creativity into your business, BBA ELEVATE! is for you.
As entrepreneurs we run small businesses and work at organizations that target the local market, and compete for international clientele as our competitors throughout the Caribbean offering similar services along with sun, sand and sea. Often, immersed in daily business operations there is not enough time to, not only train and certify our staff, but explore business building educational opportunities with international experts.
BBA ELEVATE! 2014 topics include:-
- increasing profit margins for your business and venue
- sales and marketing of your brand using traditional & social media
- planning events for corporate groups
- creative new trends in décor and catering
- fundamentals in event and meeting management
- turning prospects into new business
- seeking sponsorships, fundraising and strategic partnerships with other businesses
- etiquette and customer service
- Bahamas government regulations, policies and VAT
Our Panelists and Moderators are Event Designers, Chefs, Authors, Entrepreneurs, Trendsetters, Influencers, and Award Winners which include local and international representatives from:
- Event Leadership Institute (ELI)
- Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC)
- College of the Bahamas (COB)
- International Special Events Society (ISES)
- The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism (MOT)
- Bahamas Registrar General’s Department (RGD)
Our BBA ELEVATE! daily Schedule will begin with registration at 8:30am, and our first session begins at 9:00am which includes a light breakfast and lunch.
- Date: Friday, September 26, 2014
- Place: British Colonial Hilton Nassau, Bay Street, New Providence, Bahamas
- Hotel Accommodations: Begin on Wednesday, September 24 and end Sunday, September 28.
Ticket sales began on July 12, 2014 and go through September 24, 2014 or until the event reaches capacity. Pricing will increase on August 15 for both ELEVATE! 2014 Symposium tickets, courses and any off-site events. Ticket transfers must be approved, and are all non-refundable.
Click here to download the Registration Flyer >> BBA Elevate! 2014 Educational Symposium for Wedding and Event Professionals.