Getting a marriage license is actually a pretty straight forward easy process. The issues arise when you delay or assume a marriage license is done in the wrong manner!
According to the Government of Bahamas Registrar, below are your step to getting a marriage license in the Bahamas
- Request a marriage license with the Registrar General’s Department. This marriage license is good for 3 months. All is you need is a license or passport.
- Once a wedding is completed, a Marriage Duplicate Register (Form No. 9) should be sent to the Registry by the Marriage Officer ASAP.
- The fee for a marriage license is: BS$100.00
Here are a couple important notes when getting that marriage license:
- Both individuals need to be at the Registrar at the same time, with proper identification.
- If you are not local to the Bahamas (ex American), you need to prove that you’ve been in the Bahamas for at least 24 hours.
If you are looking for more information, contact the registrar directly:
Tel. (242) 397-9179/9113